Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spectacular Swanky Saturday!



Welcome to the first ever posting for Spectacularly Swanky Saturdays!

       This is a monthly blog post filled with fun and original ideas to unite the blogging community and our readers. Though it’s hosted by the “swank six”, we invite everyone to join us on our monthly journey to celebrate our love of all things bookish! 

If you would be interested in joining us, here is a link to our main host page where you can find more info and a schedule of what's to come in future months!
Come check us out here!
You can also follow us on Twitter at #SwankySat
This is open for EVERYONE so feel free to share your thoughts or your own response to the month's challenge. If you don't have a blog, no problem! Just leave your comments on one of our blogs, or tweet us with the hashtag so we know you are wanting to join in! We would love to know what everyone is thinking so don't feel shy about letting us know! If you want to post pictures that will be great! 

   Now that you know what's going on, lets get to this month's fun! This month's challenge is....

Personalized Book Spine Poetry!


Using the spines of books, create a poem describing you! You can make this whatever you want it to be!!! There is no limit to the amount of books you can use, so feel free to use 2 - 100! (If you can do this with a 100 books, you have skill!) It can also be as funny, sad, happy, or whatever you feel in the mood to make. The more creative the better!

I am currently having the privilege of hosting the lovely and sweet Chelsea on my blog. I'm looking forward to having a friend to share my posts with! So, I have decided to let you see her wonderful work first! Here we go:

"The Topic of our first Swanky Saturday was book spine poetry that described yourself. I tried many different combinations but they all, strangely, came out very depressing. And that's definitely not me. THen my eyes locked on these two beautiful books, and I knew I'd found my perfect, albeit short, book spine poetry. Simple, to the point, and combining my two favorite things, this is me in book form."
     ~Chelsea

BOOKS USED: 
*Confessions of a Shopaholic
*Fangirl

Shopping and Fangirling! Definitely sums most of us up nicely, way to go Chelsea!

Mine is a little longer, but I was having a little too much fun trying to do this challenge, so this is what you get. Since mine needs a few extra words added, I'll write this in word form below the picture:


I Am Number Four,
a Fangirl,   
you can find Another Little Piece of me,
among These Broken Stars.
A Thousand Pieces of you,
Never Fade from me.
Find ME
Under The Cajun Moon,         
Fairest and The Sugar Queen,
Crown of Midnight upon me. 

*Just a quick note to make sense:
     -I am the youngest of siblings, which is why I used I am Number Four.
     -I love to dream so that is why I used These Broken Stars.
     -I live in the South and Under the Cajun Moon was as close as I could get lol.
     -Fairest, because I am white as a ghost, not to mention I treat others fair. :)
     -The Sugar Queen, because I love chocolate!!!
     -Crown of Midnight, because I am a night owl and Midnight is early for me.

Well, I think that about covers this challenge! I hope you enjoyed reading Chelsea's and my spine poetry! 

Feel free to add your own written or picture poem in the comments below! If you add one to your own blog, leave a link in the comments so we can see! 



Happy Saturday everybody, now go have fun and remember to get lost between the pages! 


4 comments:

  1. Ohhh great job ladies!! Happy first swanky!!
    ❤️Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job guys! Loved them both! The use of fangirl is ALWAYS good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, Chelsea, these are great! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete