Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! 

  Today marks the first day of 2015! A blank page in this new chapter of life. Like many people, I guess I need to get some goals I might can achieve this year. I normally don't do resolutions, partly because I honestly know I won't stick with them.

   This year I going to do a little better with my resolutions! Instead of making mine the typical: Lose weight, exercise daily, eat healthier, etc.. I'm going to stick with bookish goals. If I'm going to be completely honest with myself, I know I'm more likely to hit the local library than the local gym.

  So here are a few of my goals for 2015:

  • Read 50 books- This may not seem like a lot of books to read in a year to some, but for me it's a large amount. Don't get me wrong, I read a lot! But I never read that many in a year. This is going to be a bit of a challenge for me so that is where the next goal comes in handy...
  • Complete the 2015 Reading Challenge- This is the challenge hosted by Popsugar. It's a checklist of different reading challenges to complete throughout the year. I'm going to work this a bit differently than a checklist, more info on that coming soon!
  • Do more Posts- I just started blogging late in 2014 so this should be an easy goal to meet. I look forward to getting more reviews up and hopefully add a few ARCs to the list of reviews! Also planning on doing a few discussion type posts. Got to come up with a few topics first, but hopefully I'll get some going pretty soon.

Just to keep from failing at too many things this year I'm going to stop at 3 resolutions. I believe I can complete these 3, but only time can tell. A new year is a time for a new start and I've already started the year off in a great way by joining two reading groups! I have found some great people to talk to with these clubs and I look forward to all the fun awaiting us this year!!! 
I guess that is all for now, I hope every the best in this new year! If you have made a few resolutions feel free to share in the comments or add a link to your post! 

Now I'll talk to you all later, it's time to go get lost between the pages!
~Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Here's to new books, friends and beginnings!
    3 resolutions is great, even if it's just one. It's good to set goals sometimes. I also just started blogging for YA. I use to review for indie only. so it's like I started all over again and plus it's way different with all the top ten Tuesdays and waiting for Wednesday oh and the book haul memes. And people on twitter are way much nicer lol. Happy reading hun xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support! Having the memes and all the different features for the week are really gonna help out when it comes to finding posts to do! Hope you have a happy reading time as well dear.

      Delete